Pages - Menu

June 10, 2010

What's It All Worth

Setting a price on anything that has your name affiliated with it can be, well, very intimidating. In my opinion, this is the toughest area that Photographers have to deal with. We can be taught how to set up a shot, how to compose a photo but pricing is a individual thing.
Sitting down with pen in hand I set out to really figure out what my time and talents are worth, what I am worth.
I believe that this is the first step, besides the legal stuff, in setting up a legitimate photo business. Your average pricing should be what all perspective clients see when they come to visit you homepage.
I am not saying that you need to spill the whole can of beans, just state a starting point, an over all overage of your costs. There is also a Plus for having this pricing down in print, gives you time to get use to see what you are really worth.

The following video comically portrays the frustration of being business and the problems of dealing with the customer.

I would love to hear your comments about pricing and how you deal with it in your photography business.


Brooke Snow, a new friend and great naturalist, has some comments about the price wars. She also supplies some informative links on the subject.  PRICE WARS

No comments: