First challenge is Macro. To do a close up, a true Macro shot take a very steady hand. I used my trusty tripod and set the shot up in indirect light. I was after the texture of this item. I wanted all the crack and crevices to be the focus.
Setup is as follows -
- find and clean the item
- clean photo area of distraction
- set subject up at 45degree to light source
- fasten camera and 85mm macro to tripod
- turn vibration and auto focus off lens
- focus on subject
- use + button on outside of camera to zoom in for detail info
- set camera to shoot with remote (shooting without would have caused motion blur from my finger)
- take many shots at different angle
- take into ACR for light edit
- Photoshop CS4 for crop and Unsharpen mask
Here is the BEFORE EDIT photo
Here is the AFTER EDIT photo
BTW - looked much better before Blogspot!
There is another photo challenge going on over at Linkie Lueville's here are the details
Yay! It's Friday! And that means, it's Two Moms Made a Photo Challenge again!
TTMaPC is a weekly photo challenge put on by two best mommy friends.
Me, and Melissa of Hi, Baby.
This weeks theme is your favorite shot!
Now, it doesn't HAVE to include children, but this is a photo challenge put on by mom's
so it's always a plus! Pick you favorite photo that you've ever taken! Remember, emotions
have a bigger impact than flowers!!! (if ya know what I mean)
I though I can do this one as well beings how I have been sorting, cleaning and reorganizing my photo files.
This photo was taken a couple years ago. It's a photo of one of my grandsons. He had had such a busy day, playing, water slides and biking that he was just "WAY TOO TIRED CORN"!