Pages - Menu

April 15, 2010

105 - 04.15.10 - Delicate

I live on a small cattle ranch here in the west.  There is plenty of action, you never know what is going to happen.  You can go on a buffalo round-up, ride the neighbors camel or you can set broken cow legs.
Don't know what happened to cause this and perhaps it's best I don't know.  I do know that it is a delicate operation to set a animals leg when that animals is almost four times your size.  Getting the cast on was really pretty easy, I am really wondering how DH is going to get it off.  It is fiberglass and is not going to come off by its self.
HMMM, going to have to get this operation some thought.  Suggestions are welcome.  Ü

5 comments:

Chesney said...

I'm not even going to attempt to answer that question...but what a sad cow face...he wants to be up and playing w/ the other cows!

Ron a.k.a. Danudin said...

I rented a fifty acre aggistment farm,from a milk farmer once, were part of the deal was to report on those about to come to term. One day i noticed a cow that couldn't get to water as it had fencing wire wrapped around a hind leg. Borrowed some side cutters and went to help, bloody animal tried to kick me, just missed my hand, contact would have crushed it, so I punched the cow on the rump, I think I shocked it as it stood stock still, and let me do what I had to docilely. When it was free I had to punch it again to get it to go down to the dam to get a drink. - Does that make me a Cow Puncher? Later that day it tried to climb the stairs to come into the house, I suppose to thank me, freaked my dog right out, she nearly had kittens. She didn't cotton on to cows after that.

Unknown said...

Ron I kind of pictured you a the cow puncher type Ü

Merryn said...

I was just about to comment on the photo but now I have a picture of a cow coming into my house and trying to come up my stairs. Thanks :-)

Anonymous said...

Well as I a product of suburbia I have no ideas whatsoever! Good luck