Pages - Menu

April 15, 2010

104 - 04.14.15 - Beverage of Choice

Like I stated in the previous post my beverage of choice is a Diet Cola/Coke.  Notice that I haven't cleaned the desk off yet, shame, slacker.
I acquired the taste for this beverage after I had my cancer surgery.  Surgery that had lasting effects on my vocal cord, throat muscles and the ability to swallow anything that is taste less. 
Long story short I was diagnosed with thyroid cancer 2 years ago.  While under going surgery to remove my cancerous thyroid, the Drs. also had to clip one of my vocal nerve. 
Amazing that without both nerves one can talk or swallow anything that is flavorless.  Hence the taste for this beverage.
Doing better, I am still here typing this aren't I.  I did go back in nine months later and had a stiffener put on the vocal cord so I am at least able to yell at the dog very quietly now. Ü
I would love to be able to have a really good, tall, cold glass of water without coughing, that would really be my beverage of choice.

4 comments:

Chesney said...

That would definitely suck...I love my water! I think my boys would want to move in with you...they say I yell too much LOL Hope you are feeling much better, that sounds like a trying time in your life!

elizabeth said...

love the diet coke too -
hope you are on the mend!

Lorri said...

Your new normal? That's what we call changes that came to our household with my husband's cancer diagnosis. The new "normal" because so many times we were told by doctors, nurses, whoever, that what he was experiencing was "normal" for that treatment, surgery, side effect.
Nice shot. I like the bit of color brought in by the pink stsicky note and reflections in the bottle.

Merryn said...

I am sorry to hear of your troubles. I am not sure what to say.... I am glad that you are still living so I can get to see your photos.... and I am glad that you are part of our group. Sometimes its hard to realise that we are the lucky ones.

I love the reflection and all the little things to look at like the battery in the background.