Pages - Menu

August 19, 2009

Anybody Home, HONEY


Years ago, I would have been scared to death to be taking a photo of a bee at work. Now I am intrigued by them. I have really never taken the time to notice just how hard they work for just a little pollen. I wonder if they have their favorite flower, I know I would. Some flowers just look more inviting than others. Take this thistle for example, it's covered in ant, thorns and doesn't even smell good. If I would a bee I would demand that I only had to visit flower gardens, fruit trees and never these wild, prickly, unruly things.

7 comments:

Chesney said...

I'm with you HONEY! This is one "honey" of an image, beautiful (even with the pricklies)!

Josh Williams said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Natalie♥ said...

Wow Barb that is an awesome picture!!!! You are really good :)

Anonymous said...

Don't think the bees are hampered by thorns or smells as much as we are. If the thistle had ants on it, that is a good indication there was some sort of nectar there to attract a bee. But nice shot of the bee in flight.

Lorri said...

Nice shot! The background colors are great with the bright color of that thistle.

Kerri said...

Beautiful shot!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.