Pages - Menu

January 17, 2011

1.18.11 In My House

Happy Tuesday fellow blogger.
Today's post is of something that I swore I would never allow.   
A CAT IN THE HOUSE!
I like not having to worry about having to do a hair check on clothing before going out.
I like not having to worry about what visitors will be taking home with them, the extra coating of fur.
I like not having to worry about having something other that food and dishes on the counter.
I like not having to worry about scratch on the funiture.
I like having my cats outdoors.... UNTIL....
 ... SHORTY ...
 
He is just one of those things that just grows on ya.
He is so affectionate.  Loves being stratched.  Tolerates only my DH and Myself and no one else.
Goes P.. & P.. outside so no need for a litter box. 
I now like having ONE kitty that follows me around.
I now like having something to chat with during the day.
I now like watching him as he curls up in the sun.
I now like knowing that he get along with the canines outdoors.

No amount of time can erase the memory of a good cat, and no amount of masking tape can ever totally remove his fur from your couch.
-- Leo Dworken

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shorty is beautiful, and deserves all you can give him. My friend told me that she just doesn't trust people that don't have animal hair on them, so let the hair fly and be trusted!

Anonymous said...

Shorty is the best looking ginger I've seen in a long time, he knows who's really in charge.
Lovely portrait.

thello said...

there is only one word: wonderful! The picture shows: He knows many things, more than mankind can imagine

Anonymous said...

Your House, Shorty's Natural Habitate!

Anonymous said...

Resistance is futile! I have fallen under his spell as well. Shorty is adorable. I want to kiss him :-)

Anonymous said...

Shorty...what a character portrait and beautiful cat shot. He looks like he's in charge alright!

Anonymous said...

A beautiful cat portrait. Shorty looks so very content.

Anonymous said...

I'm more of a dog person, but his markings are beautiful. Great close up.

Charlene said...

Such a gorgeous cat and his eyes are beautiful.

Joanne said...

@Steven..your friend would trust me with their life then..lol! Awesome shot..a real cats eye view..something I must try. Gorgeous cat, he looks so chilled...and very smart too, as he enjoys the warmth and comfort of your home!

kshirley said...

Super shot of your kitty...love the journaling too!

Pitterle Postings said...

Love the shot. He is a great looking cat!

KarenB said...

A wonderful perspective on your remarkable cat. It looks like he's captured your heart.

Christina, Sweden said...

A gorgeous portrait of a cat! I can feel he's trying to read my mind, and then he's just in the computer so I can easily imagine what it would be like having him around for real

Anonymous said...

A beauty and a perfect portrait. All you need to do is get clothes and furniture that match his color.

Anonymous said...

What a great capture, love this one!