Pages - Menu

November 09, 2010

Touch Up Tuesday

Chelsey over at Paper ♥ Camera does a weekly photo challenge.  Rules are pretty basic, take a photo and touch it up.
Ever find that now being an owner of a digital camera you can just click till the cows come home?  Well my cows finally came home and it was time to clean house.  I had to get rid of some dogie photos, you know the kind that are just so-so but they still hold a soft spot.
I run across one of those dogie photos today, is it really a keeper or do I toss it?

Here is the Before
 It was taken back in 2006 with my Canon PowerShot.  Way before the time of my Nikon.  Notice all the distractions?  It was Christmas, time to still be in PJ's and to be buried in rubbish.

Here is the After
I found a new action (Amy McMaster's Squeky Clean) that I am trying out, Thanks Ashley for mentioning it.
I first pulled up the original into ACR, yes I still use that haven't found a good enough reason to switch to Lightroom.  I adjust the exposure there.  Then the original is loaded into Photoshop where I do a quick crop.
Now for Amy's Squeky Clean Action run.
I found that I only had to do a few adjustments with the action.  Thanks Amy and Ashley you really have saved my work flow not to mention what could have been a lost photo.

Touch Up Tuesday's at the Paper Mama
Leigh Vs. Laundry also does a weekly photo challenge.  It's based on posting something that makes you Wildly Happy.  Well I have to say that I am pretty Happy that I have been able to do a photo rescue.

Photobucket


Turning of the color and adding brown edit -
Here is another version of the edited photo but this time I put Esabelle Lafrance' Antique Brown Wash
and Kim Klassen's 10-10-10 texture to the image for a brown, dirty, vintage feel.

I have also entered the photos in these Tuesday Photo Challenges. Check them out for some great photo practice.




The Trendy Treehouse

Sweet Shot Day
Photobucket

7 comments:

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

great editing.

Ashley Sisk said...

I love squeaky clean and I'm glad you're finding it helpful.

Anonymous said...

Wow, i really like your first edit!

Susan Anderson said...

Amazing changes!

=)

Anonymous said...

The edits are awesome! I have so much to learn about photography. Where's is the best starting point, I wonder. It's just so overwhelming!

Pitterle Postings said...

I love these edits. I have been using Picasa for most of the smaller ones. I love it. It is free and easy to use. I am also trying to transfer to Nikon's editing software and I do have Adobe elements. I have just found the Picasa to be easier to navigate and easier to use unless I need to really fix something. I am trying not to need to edit as often.

Yanet @ 3 Sun Kissed Boys said...

I love the last action! Very cool.