Pages - Menu

September 04, 2010

I Love New Shoes





Hey there!  My name is Sammy but you can just call me Sam for short.  I'm the oldest quarter horse here on the Phillips ranch,  been here going on 9 years now.  Me and the guys, we've gone on many adventure together during that time, cattle round-ups, night trail rides, hunting trips just to name a few.  But seem all the younger boys here on the ranch have been getting all the attention, all the new equipment, while I just get overlooked. 
Take shoes for example, I never get new shoes. Well today is my big day, cause Mrs. "P" finally convinced Mr "P" that perhaps given my age and all, I should have some new shoes.
Nope Baxter (short for Baxter Black), not your turn.  Today is all about me and my feet.

There is really a lot that goes into getting the perfect fit and style of new shoe.  Can't just go to the nearest Wally World and pull a couple sets of the shelf.  


Nope, my shoes are hand fitted, shaped and heated.  That's just the way I like all four shoes, just my style.

What I don't particularity like is having to have 8 sharp little nails going through the bottom of each foot.  If you really think about that, that's not so bad either.  Perhaps it's having to have one leg hoisted up in the most awkward of positions.  You try it sometime having to stand on one leg while the other is kinked backwards and sideways.




So what do you think?  Are they just my style?  Are you jealous that you don't have some just like them?
Glad that is over.  Just way too funny.  Until next time, Sam, I just love new shoes. 

Hey, I put some new shoes on,
And suddenly everything is right,
I said, hey, I put some new shoes on and everybody's smiling,
It's so inviting,
Oh, short on money,
But long on time,
Slowly strolling in the sweet sunshine,
And I'm running late,
And I don't need an excuse,
'cause I'm wearing my brand new shoes.
Two Moms Made A Photo Challenge - Week #11 - Pets
Give Me Your Best Shot
 

5 comments:

Betty Anne said...

Your story gave me a good chuckle and your photos are wonderful : )

Linkie Lueville said...

CUUUUUTE! Loved this! Thanks for bringing back memories of my childhood! And thanks for playing along!

faith ann raider said...

So awesome! Love these shots it brings out the little girl who was in love with horses in me! :) Sam is so beautiful!

Sarah said...

Your story is super cute/funny! Great photos! What a gorgeous horse!

Tutus N' Trucks said...

Gorgeous horse! BTW, Im so jealous! I totally want those shoes ;)