Pages - Menu

February 23, 2010

54 - 02.23.10 - CATCHLIGHTS

Geometric - Catchlights
I have been trying to find new and interesting things to photograph.  Ways that will be challenging yet interesting.  I came across a post where someone had photographed ordinary soap bubbles.  You know the kind that you give you kids and send them outside to entertain themselves for a few minutes?

I thought I could do that.  Drug out my black background, tripod and  macro.  Whipped up some dish soap bubbles and wallah.  After several tries, I finally got a keeper.  To make this work out, I need to make myself a light box.

f/7.1 @ 1/250 400ISO 85mm Macro
Could be better on the focus but have you ever tried to capture a bubble before it was gone?

9 comments:

Chesney said...

How creative are you? This is absolutely fantastic....love the colors and catchlights you captured!

Ron a.k.a. Danudin said...

Very inventive, love your persistence too. Well Done.

kerimichelle said...

This is amazing! Great work...I'm off to find some soap!

Shannon Joy said...

Your hard work paid off!!! GORGEOUS!!!!!

Clara said...

A very creative shot. The catchlights look very good. I didn't realize that you could capture so many colors in a soap bubble.

BobbieCoughlin said...

I would never have guessed this was a soap bubble--a gazing globe, perhaps, or an exotic planet. A lovely portrait of evanescence!

Anonymous said...

So cool! Love the reflection and the colors. Great point to explore the geometry of curves.

Anonymous said...

Great job! I have yet to be able to capture a bubble like that!

Anonymous said...

What an inspiring post and image - a lesson in creativity.