Pages - Menu

April 25, 2009

{Day 95}

Theme #2 9:00 a.m.
I decided at around 7 a.m. that it was time to bake up some homemade bread. I rounded up my wheat kernels and with 8 cups of them in the grinder, I am ready to start now that it's 9 a.m. Saturday morning.
I've got the wheat kernels all ready for the grinder.
8 cups of wheat kernels makes about 16 cups of flour, that should be just about right.
With some hot water, honey, salt, oil, extra gluten, dough enhancer, yeast and potato flakes I should have some fresh baked bread in not time.
Everybody in the pool well everybody except you salt. He had to wait a bit as he doesn't get along well with the yeast.
Now that looks about right, not to stiff and not to sticky. Now where are those new pans I just bought? The old ones were getting to old and yucky. Ah, here they are.
Anybody for some hot bread and raspberry jam? Now what am I going to do with the rest of the morning?

5 comments:

jo said...

How ambitious you are! I suppose if you're going to get down to the basics of grinding your own flour it's worth baking 4 loaves at a time. Looks good!

Chesney said...

I can never resist the aroma of homemade bread! I think it has to be the best smell out there!

Esther said...

Ah, bread fresh baked from the oven. Nothing else in the world quite like it. You really do make a person drool..... I'll be right over....

Esther said...

Ah, bread fresh baked from the oven. Nothing else in the world quite like it. You really do make a person drool..... I'll be right over....

KimR. said...

What a great story you've shown and told with your photos from 9 a.m. This is fabulous! And yes, the bread and jam sound delicious!