Pages - Menu

May 25, 2010

Just Trying To Get Past the Surface

I've been taking a photography class from Brooke Snow, perhaps you've heard of her? Well any way this weeks assignment was composition. I thought, okay this should be relatively easy. I know the 1/3rd's, leading lines and such. I found out that this photography concept is harder that in sounds. First off I can't cut off limbs of people, can't have things sticking out of heads or behind ears. I have to de-clutter my photo area. Gosh, when you're photographing in a tight spot this is really hard.
So here is a sample of this weeks assignment, what do you followers thing?
 This little guy was a real hoot at the Smithfield horse show riding around the arrena on his little paint pony.
Bees are out in full force as all my trees are now in full bloom.
My version of leading lines and 1/3rd's as I look over the Snake River Valley.
It's hard being four and having all the attention now on someone else in the family.
My version of Swan Lake.
Spring trees at the Idaho Falls LDS temple, view from out across the Snake Rive.

14 comments:

Ron a.k.a. Danudin said...

Every single one a masterpiece, you must be Duxing the class.

Unknown said...

As for duxing the class, I don't know about that never can have to much learn'en.

Chesney said...

This class sounds wonderful! And it you keep getting results like these it is well worth it! I love each and every one! My very favorite is the last picture!

Shannon Joy said...

The class sounds great!! These are great shots! Love the catchlights in #4. The last one is my favorite :).

Clara said...

These are all wonderful. The little cowboy is fabulous. A great composition. I really like the job that you did with the white building and the light sky. You are doing a great job with your class.

Anonymous said...

These are all great. It looks as if the class is working for you. I just love the baby shot. It truly does look as if life is all changing. I also love all the pollen on the bees legs.

Anonymous said...

I absolutely ADORE the portrait of the four-year-old who is vying for attention now that the baby has arrived. That is brilliantly conceived and executed.

~Julie

~Val said...

3 faves...the first, the view of the Snake river (SO SO blue!!) and the 4=year old vying for attention. I think you'll get a top score on these!!

Sue said...

All beautiful photos..well done!! My fav is the little boy with the baby, wonderful shot!!

Lorri said...

Gorgeous work. I'm particularly fond of the newe sibling shot. Great composition that shows you have a true eye for the heart of the shot.

Anonymous said...

You have such a great eye, I love your view of the Snake especially, along of course with the amazing portraits.

Esther said...

Your people photos are a heart-warming piece of life. The symmetry in the last photo is spot on as well as the balance in the swan image. Your practice is paying off!

Anonymous said...

Inspiring once again - wild applause for your creative composition on the shot of the 4 year old vying for attention - super use of depth of field there. That bee shot is wonderful too.

Natalie♥ said...

beautiful picture of the temple Barb I love all your pictures :)