Pages - Menu

February 06, 2010

37/365

Simplicity
35mm
f3.5 @ 1/60 400ISO Flash -2.

Excuse the very tired look as I was up at 4am quilting. Had to force myself to get today photo done and posted.

I have seen some pretty good self portraits in my web travels, I wish that I were more photogenic, just not one of my talents. 


He sows June fields with clover, and the world
Broadcasts with little common kindnesses.
The plain good souls He sends us, who fulfill
Life's homely duties in the daily path
With cheerful heart, ambitious of no more
Than to supply the wants of friend and kin,
Yet serve God's higher love to human hearts;
Giving a secret sweetness to the home,
The hidden fragrance of a kindly heart,
The simple beauty of a useful life,
That never dazzles, and that never tires. Samuel Longfellow,

9 comments:

Chesney said...

Wonderful self portrait...love you against the simplistic background...
I love your expression (as if saying to yourself, "let's get this over with"}!

Ron a.k.a. Danudin said...

Wish I was half as photogenic as you are, but the thing that amazes me is that - It is a SELF portrait right? Well you have captured the get that THING outta my face look that I seem to see in others. Top portrait.

Esther said...

Now I have my answer to "When do you have time for photography?"

Anonymous said...

I'd say you've been very successful in your week of self portraits. Again, what a great idea!

Anonymous said...

You may just inspire me to try to take some photos of myself! Your tired look was for a very worthwhile project, though! We all need to do that, too. Nice job.

Anonymous said...

Nice photo, and I think we all would look as tired if we had been up at 4 in the morning, no matter what we had been doing :-)

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine taking a self-portrait at 4am. Especially after quilting. Good job.

Anonymous said...

As hard as portraits are for me, self-portraits are even more of a tough go. I admire you for challenging yourself this way! The only thing I've learned in the few attempts I've made is that flash is REALLY unflattering for me and natural, indirect light works best.

Annette said...

You're much braver than me, I don't think I could ever do a self portrait!