Pages - Menu

September 26, 2009

Simple Womans Daybook

I saw this on a friend blog and thought gosh what a great idea.  I really do need to do better on journal keeping and the simple everyday happenings.  I am note a good journalist by any means, I do better behind the camera than on the end of keyboard.

 FOR TODAY Sept. 26, 2009...
Outside my window...I can hear the birds, hundreds of them, singing in the tall grass.  I can see the colors of Autumn showing in the trees.  I can sense that summer has packed up and moved on as Autumn has arrived.
I am thinking...that a really BIG juice hamburger hot of the grill with roasted onions sounds really good about not.
I am thankful for...good friends and neighbors that watch out over me and what is going on here at my home.
From the kitchen...I can tell that it has been negleted today.  Books and papers on the table and a floor that could use some soap and water.
I am wearing...my usual summer attire.  I really have to find my longer pants as these capris really are for warmer weather.
I am creating...beaded watchbands, a little photo editing and finishing up a quilt top that should have been done months ago.
I am going...to finish up here then get the house the rest of the way cleaned up for Sunday.
I am reading...a bunch of Nikon book, photo editing and PhotoShop books.  Someday I hope to have these things all figured out.
I am hoping...that Dennis is still up right on his horse and that they find all the cows before it get dark.  I also hope that he doesn't have any problems with the semi coming home.
I am hearing...that there could be snow in the high country later next week.  I really have missed feeling about have the warm weather leave and the snow return.  Seem like it was just a couple months ago that we were out shoveling.
Around the house...it really needs to be de-cluttered.  I hate it when Dennis doesn't clean up after himself and put his toys away.  If he doesn't hurry everything will be buried under feet of snow
One of my favorite things...is to see my flowers that I have been babying all summer, in full bloom.  Tomatoes are loaded and the pumpkins and squashes are filling out.  I love this time of the year.
A few plans for the rest of the week: Boy where do I start.
1. Paint the outdoor trim around the doors.
2.  Get the beets done.
3.  Go to a Amber Craft Class Thursday.
4.  Take two photo seccions Thursday, boy Thursday is going to be busy.
5.  Get my dirty car washed
6.  Try to get some sleep
Here is picture for thought I am sharing...
These were my first candidates for my very first photo shot of someone other than my grand kids.  I Loved working with these two, they were pretty patient with me as I humbled my way with my equipment.  My only regret is, I wish that I had used more window light and a fast Shutter so I wouldn't have lost so many photos.  I do like the soft colors in the photo thou.
NOTE to SELF:
Watch the light and where it's coming from.
Don't have Shutter speed lower that 100 and if possible 200 for children.


No comments: